The Mentawai culture is being expurgated by modern life.
The Rainforest Journalism Fund aims to support and build capacity of local, regional, and international journalists reporting on issues related to tropical rainforests. One of the three rainforest regions of focus is Southeast Asia, including the mainland and island countries. The Southeast Asia RJF advisory committee is composed of leaders in journalism on issues relating to tropical rainforests, and members help to inform the priorities and direction of this initiative with their critical understanding of regional and local contexts.
Members of the Southeast Asia RJF advisory committee review and provide independent guidance for proposals for local and regional reporting projects focusing on tropical rainforests in the greater region. The committee also helps to develop annual convenings for journalists reporting from and on Southeast Asia. Current members of the Southeast Asia RJF Advisory Committee are:
- Wahyu Dhyatmika, Editor in Chief, Tempo.co - Indonesia
- Dan Grossman, Journalist - USA
- Isabel Hilton, CEO, The China Dialogue Trust - UK
- Anchalee Kongrut, Writer and Assistant News Editor, Bangkok Post - Thailand
- Kuang Keng Kuek Ser, Data Journalist, Data-N Founder & Consultant - Malaysia
- Audrey Tan, Environment Correspondent, The Straits Times - Singapore
To contact Harry Surjadi, the Southeast Asia Regional Coordinator, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact Nora Moraga-Lewy, the RJF Coordinator, please email email@example.com.